Radeon™ Software is AMD’s advanced graphics software for enabling high-performance gaming and engaging VR experiences on VR capable graphics cards.
Our focus on delivering the gameplay that feels more intuitive, more responsive, more immersive is resonating strongly with gamers. For 6 straight months since the initial release of Crimson ReLive Edition we have earned an impressive 90% user satisfaction. But we are not resting on our laurels. We are taking these results as an inspiration to push even harder to meticulously craft the gameplay that is even smoother, sharper and faster.
Today we have announced Radeon™ Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2, a major software upgrade that delivers on our promise of industry-leading features, supercharged performance and rock-solid stability with the following:
Improved Game Responsiveness
- Up to 31% 1 (50ms) quicker response time using Radeon™ Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 with Tom Clancy’s The Division™ on the 8GB Radeon™ RX 580 graphics card than with Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.1.
Enhanced Sync, a display technology above and below VSync. It helps increase gameplay responsiveness by removing the high latency barriers of VSync at an unlocked frame rate, and enables smooth, responsive gaming even at a low frame rate
- Up to 34%2 lower latency (lag) using Radeon™ Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 and Overwatch on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card with Enhanced Sync ON than with the 8GB Radeon RX 580 with VSync ON at 1920×1080 (1080p).
- Up to 92%3 lower frame variance using Radeon™ Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 and Overwatch on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card with Enhanced Sync ON than with the 8GB Radeon RX 580 with VSync ON at 3840×2160 (4K).
Advanced Radeon™ Chill, a power-saving feature for Radeon™ graphics that interactively regulates framerate and now supports close to 40 of the world’s greatest games, available for desktops, laptops, multi-GPUs and Radeon XConnect™ external graphics.
- Extend battery life in the HP® Omen with a Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) by up to 30%4 by using Radeon™ Chill at 1080p on the very high settings with the game League of Legends®.
Radeon™ WattMan5 Comprehensive control over engine clock5, voltage, power, temperature and acoustics. To take user customization to a whole new level, Radeon™ WattMan has been advanced with power state controls and memory under clocking for increased performance or improved power savings.
Radeon™ ReLive enabling gamers to record and stream gameplay with better video and audio controls and real-time notifications with virtually no performance loss with optimized memory usage.
- Up to 33%6 lower Radeon ReLive recording overhead using Radeon™ Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.1 with DirectX®11 at 2560×1440 (1440p).
But this is not all. Radeon™ Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 comes packed with even more features, most notably the ones requested by gamers like you
Radeon™ Settings: AMD’s revolutionary graphics software has been advanced by redesigning most of the features found within Catalyst™ Control Center
Per-Display Color Controls: Reintroducing refined color controls
Frame Rate Targeting Control (FRTC): Limit frame rate and save power with DirectX® 12 and multi-GPU support.
- Up to 26%7 lower GPU power consumption in watts using Radeon™ Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 and Battlefield™ 1 DirectX®12 on the 8GB Radeon™ RX 580 graphics card with frame rate target control ON than with 8GB Radeon™ RX 580 with frame rate target control OFF at 1920×1080 (1080p).
Faster game load times
- Up to 10%8 faster load times using Radeon™ Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 and StarCraft® 2 DirectX® 9 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.1 and 8GB Radeon RX 580 at 1920×1080 (1080p).
We have also delivered some incredible new things for Game Designers:
Radeon™ GPU Profiler, the first PC graphics tool which allows for low level, built-in hardware thread tracing. Take performance beyond expectations. As much as Mantle aimed to inspire the next generation of APIs, Radeon GPU Profiler aims at taking the next step in helping PC game developers enabling Vulkan® and DirectX 12. Radeon GPU Profiler is a ground-breaking hardware event visualization tool that provides detailed timing information on Radeon graphics through custom, built-in hardware thread-tracing. Unlike the black box approach of the past, PC game developers now have unprecedented, console-like in-depth access to a GPU and can easily analyze Async Compute usage, event timing, pipeline stalls, bottlenecks and other performance inefficiencies. Here is what some developers who tried it have to say about the tool:
- “RGP very quickly became an indispensable tool in my optimization workflow. I’m sure that other graphics programmers will fall in love with it, just like I did!” Yuriy O’Donnell, Rendering Engineer, DICE
- “With Radeon GPU Profiler, AMD has produced a high quality tool that fills a much-needed role of providing deep performance introspection and analysis of modern GPUs beyond simple hardware counters.” Baldur Karlsson, Senior Technical Architect, RenderDoc™
- “AMD Radeon GPU Profiler is nothing short of a revelation in GPU performance analysis for Vulkan on Windows and Linux. I was able to gain insights into Source 2 Vulkan in VR that I had previously never known. We are able to figure out exactly where the work is happening in the frame. It just works for every Vulkan workload we have thrown at it. RGP has now become my go-to tool for GPU performance analysis.” Dan Ginsburg, VR Developer, Valve
AMD LiquidVR™ 360 SDK allowing for the first end-to-end GPU-accelerated HEVC 4K-by-4K VR video playback on VR capable graphics cards. It also supports Immersive Ambisonic Audio.
Download Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 now — and discover the true power of your Radeon graphics.